MONTHLY WORK SESSION AGENDA
REMINGTON TOWN COUNCIL
MONDAY, 14 APRIL 2014, 7:00 P.M.
REMINGTON TOWN HALL
203 EAST MAIN STREET
I. CALL TO ORDER AND INTRODUCTION OF TOWN COUNCIL AND GUESTS
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. CITIZENS TIME
- Chester Stribling – Fauquier County Lee District Board of Supervisor:
Recognition of Councilman Clatterbuck
IV. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. PERSONNEL/POLICE – Chair: Ashby Member: Clatterbuck, Heaney
B. FINANCE – Chair: Clatterbuck Member: Ashby
- Employee Health Insurance Renewal
- Monthly Report for February 2014
- Budget Work Session
C. CEMETERY – Chair: Loving Member: Frazier
- Quarterly Distribution Decision
D. WATER SYSTEM – Chair: Heaney Member: Loving
E. PUBLIC FACILITIES – Chair: Ralls Member: Heaney
F. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT – Chair: Frazier Member: Ralls
- Advertising for Spring Yard Sale
- Acceptable items for Spring Clean-up
V. TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
VI. TOWN STAFF’S REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
VII. BILL LISTING
VIII. CLOSED SESSION AS NEEDED
There will a Finance Committee meeting of the Remington Town Council on Monday, April 14, 2014 at 3 pm in Town Hall to discuss the health insurance renewal of the Town employees and to work on the proposed 2014-15 budget. The public is invited to attend. There will be no public comments permitted at this meeting.
The mobile unit will be parked in the parking lot across from the Embrey Building on East Main Street, just a short walk from Town Hall. For more information, call Town Hall at (540) 439-3220.
COMING TO THE TOWN OF REMINGTON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9, 2014
DMV 2 Go is a mobile customer service center ready to bring DMV services to Virginians at convenient locations.
The handicapped-accessible full service office-on-wheels is equipped to process all DMV transactions including:
• Apply for or renew your ID card – available for adults and children.
• Apply for or renew your driver’s license – take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges.
• Get a copy of your driving record.
• Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
• Order disabled parking placards or plates.
• Have you recently moved? If so, stop in to update your address on your DMV record. At the same time, you can update your voter registration address and organ donor status.
• Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account – receive DMV notices via email or phone; conduct secure transactions on the DMV website.
• Search for other state services through a wireless Virginia Internet portal.
• And much more!
Town of Remington’s Annual Spring Yard Sale is Saturday, May 17, 2014. Sites will be available on the Town Lot at 105 East Main Street, if interested in setting up there. Maps will be available at Town Hall of participating homes. Call Town Hall at (540) 439-3220 about reserving a site or getting your home address on the map. This annual event is open to Town of Remington residents and surrounding communities.
The water staff will be working on Madison Street on Monday, April 7th to replace a service meter and possible line. Please use caution when traveling on Madison Street Monday near the BB&T bank.
Water cutoffs for delinquent water accounts will be Tuesday April 8 at 8 am. If past due was stamped on the most recent water bill, payment needs to be made by 4:30 Monday afternoon to avoid interruption of service. Payments can be made in person, by mail, in the night drop which is on the right side of the door, or through our online payment vendor – www.officialpayments.com.
The Remington Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department Annual carnival and parade for 2014 has been set for Wednesday, May 28 through Saturday, May 31. The parade will be Friday, May 30 at 6:30 pm. If you have a group or organization interested in participating in the parade, contact Joe Williams at email@example.com or Houston Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Meeting for Monday, March 17 was cancelled. There are no minutes for this meeting.
Water bills will be going out around March 25. Remember any past due amount must be paid immediately to avoid interruption of service. Cut offs for delinquent water accounts is always the second Tuesday of the month. Staff starts doing cut offs at 8 am. Payment must be received before close of business on the second Monday of the month.
Town of Remington Ordinance requires home owners to clear their sidewalks of snow 24 hours after the end of the storm. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call Town Hall